Moon Niagara Falls: With Buffalo (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
From the roaring power of nature to the adventure waiting beyond the falls, Moon Niagara Falls reveals the best of this bucket list destination. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries for both the American and Canadian sides, including Buffalo, a weekend at the Falls, and day trips to Niagara-on-the-Lake, wine country, and more
- Strategic advice for families, couples, travelers on a budget, and more
- The top sights and unique experiences: Take in views at Horseshoe Falls or glide on a thrilling zipline above the Niagara River. Visit the Underground Railroad Heritage Center and head out to see some its most important sites for yourself, or go north to experience military history come-to-life at Fort George and Old Fort Erie. Stroll through Buffalo to spot architectural gems, kayak the Buffalo waterfront, or catch some live music in a former grain silo. Sip your way through the Niagara Wine Trail or have a romantic evening at a picturesque Canadian winery
- Honest advice from Buffalo native and Niagara Falls tour guide Joel Dombrowski on when to go, what to pack, where to eat, and where to stay, from campsites and motels to luxurious inns
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Essential information on getting there and getting around, crossing the US-Canada border, weather, wildlife, and safety
- Helpful tips for seniors and visitors with disabilities
Exploring more of Canada? Try Moon Montréal & Quebec City or Moon Atlantic Canada. Headed down the East Coast? Try Moon New England Road Trip or Moon Pennsylvania.
About the Author
A native of Buffalo, New York, Joel Dombrowski was introduced to the natural world by his grandfather. Every weekend, he and his five siblings, his mother, and his grandparents would pile into a car and explore the parks, beaches, and monuments of Western New York and Southern Ontario. These trips fostered a curiosity for the region that he could never quite shake.
After receiving a degree in broadcast journalism from Syracuse University, Joel worked in TV news while performing stand-up comedy on weekends and evenings. After realizing that his true love is storytelling and history, he is now the CFO (Chief Fun Officer) of his own tour company, entertaining visitors to Niagara Falls and Buffalo.
In addition to writing, Joel fishes, hunts, and hypnotizes squirrels (you'll need to take his tour to find out how). He lives Clarence Center, New York, with his wife and four children.