The Blue Last (Mass Market Paperbound)
Other Books in Series
- #1: The Man with a Load of Mischief (Richard Jury Mystery #1) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #11: Old Contemptibles (Richard Jury Mystery #11) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: Horse You Came In On (Richard Jury Mystery #12) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #14: The Case Has Altered: A Richard Jury Novel (Richard Jury Mystery #14) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #16: The Lamorna Wink (Richard Jury Mystery #16) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #18: The Grave Maurice (Richard Jury Mystery #18) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #19: The Winds of Change (Richard Jury Mystery #19) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #20: The Old Wine Shades (Richard Jury Mystery #20) (Paperback): $9.99
- #21: Dust: A Richard Jury Mystery (Paperback): $9.99
- #22: The Black Cat: A Richard Jury Mystery (Paperback): $9.99
- #23: Vertigo 42: A Richard Jury Mystery (Mass Market): $9.99
- #24: The Knowledge (Richard Jury Mysteries #24) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #25: The Old Success (Richard Jury Mysteries #25) (Paperback): $16.00
In The Blue Last, Richard Jury finally faces the last thing in the world he wants to deal with--the war that killed his mother, his father, his childhood. Mickey Haggerty, a DCI with the London City police, has asked for Jury's help. Two skeletons have been unearthed in the City during the excavation of London's last bombsite, where once a pub stood called the The Blue Last. Mickey believes that a child who survived the bombing has been posing for over fifty years as a child who didn't. The grandchild of brewery magnet Oliver Tyndale supposedly survived that December 1940 bombing . . . but did she? Mickey also has a murder to solve. Simon Croft, prosperous City financial broker, and son of the one-time owner of The Blue Last is found shot to death in his Thames-side house. But the book he was writing about London during the German blitzkrieg has disappeared.
Jury wants to get eyes and ears into Tynedale Lodge, and looks to his friend, Melrose Plant, to play the role. Reluctantly, Plant plays it, accompanied on his rounds of the Lodge gardens by nine-year-old Gemma Trim, orphan and ward of Oliver Tynedale; and Benny Keagan, a resourceful twelve-year-old orphaned delivery boy.
And Richard Jury may not make it out alive.
A stolen book, stolen lives, or is any of this what it seems? Identity, memory, provenance - these are all called into question in The Blue Last
About the Author
Martha Grimes is the bestselling author of eighteen Richard Jury mysteries and also the acclaimed fiction Foul Matter, Cold Flat Junction, Hotel Paradise, The End of the Pier, and The Train Now Departing.