Crescent Dawn (Dirk Pitt Adventure #21) (Paperback)
Not on our shelves. Usually ships in 2-5 days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 21 in the Dirk Pitt Adventure series.
- #1: The Mediterranean Caper (Dirk Pitt Adventure #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: Iceberg (Dirk Pitt Adventure #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Raise the Titanic! (Dirk Pitt Adventure #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: Vixen 03: A Novel (Dirk Pitt Adventure #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Night Probe!: A Dirk Pitt Adventure (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Pacific Vortex!: A Novel (Dirk Pitt Adventure #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #15: Atlantis Found (A Dirk Pitt Novel) (Dirk Pitt Adventure #15) (Paperback): $9.99
- #16: Valhalla Rising (Dirk Pitt Adventure #16) (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: Trojan Odyssey (Dirk Pitt Adventure #17) (Paperback): $9.99
- #18: Black Wind (Dirk Pitt Adventure #18) (Paperback): $9.99
- #19: Treasure of Khan (Dirk Pitt Adventure #19) (Paperback): $9.99
- #20: Arctic Drift (Dirk Pitt Adventure #20) (Paperback): $9.99
- #22: Poseidon's Arrow (Dirk Pitt Adventure #22) (Paperback): $9.99
- #23: Havana Storm: A Dirk Pitt Adventure (Paperback): $9.99
- #24: Odessa Sea (Dirk Pitt Adventure #24) (Paperback): $9.99
- #25: Celtic Empire (Dirk Pitt Adventure #25) (Paperback): $9.99
Deep sea explorer and NUMA director Dirk Pitt encounters the last direct descendants of the Ottoman dynasty as they prepair to incite a revolution in this novel in the #1 New York Times-bestselling series.
In a.d. 327, a Roman galley with an extraordinary cargo barely escapes a pirate attack. In 1916, a British warship mysteriously explodes in the middle of the North Sea. In the present day, a cluster of important mosques in Turkey and Egypt are wracked by explosions.
What ties them all together? NUMA director Dirk Pitt and his team are about to find out, as Roman artifacts discovered in Turkey and Israel unnervingly connect to the rise of a fundamentalist movement determined to restore the glory of the Ottoman Empire. From Washington to London to the treacherous shores of the Near East, dangerous men and desperate acts fill their path, and at the end of it, the most dangerous thing of all: the rumored existence of a mysterious “manifest,” lost long ago, which if discovered again could shed new light on early Christianity and just might change the history of the world as we know it.
Filled with breathtaking suspense and extraordinary imagination, Crescent Dawn is further proof that when it comes to adventure writing, nobody beats Clive Cussler.
About the Author
Clive Cussler is the author or coauthor of over fifty previous books in five bestselling series, including Dirk Pitt®, NUMA® Files, Oregon® Files, Isaac Bell, and Sam and Remi Fargo. His nonfiction works include Built for Adventure: The Classic Automobiles of Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt, and Built to Thrill:More Classic Automobiles from Clive Cussler and Dirk Pitt, plus The Sea Hunters and The Sea Hunters II; these describe the true adventures of the real NUMA, which, led by Cussler, searches for lost ships of historic significance. With his crew of volunteers, Cussler has discovered more than sixty ships, including the long-lost Confederate ship Hunley. He lives in Colorado and Arizona.
Dirk Cussler is the coauthor with Clive Cussler of six previous Dirk Pitt® adventures: Black Wind, Treasure of Khan, Arctic Drift, Crescent Dawn, Poseidon’s Arrow, Havana Storm, and Odessa Sea. For the past several years, he has been an active participant and partner in his father’s NUMA expeditions and has served as president of the NUMA® advisory board of trustees. Cussler lives in Arizona.
“The action runs nonstop and whambam....And Crescent Dawn has a twist that writers like Tom Clancy have never used.”—St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"Cussler once again blends history, technical knowledge, bombs, bullets, and betrayal into cinematic action."--Kirkus Reviews