Other Books in Series
This is book number 14 in the Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Novels series.
- #1: A Share in Death (Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Novels #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: All Shall Be Well (Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Novels #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Now May You Weep: A Novel (Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Novels #9) (Paperback): $13.99
- #10: In a Dark House (Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Novels #10) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #11: Water Like a Stone (Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Novels #11) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #12: Where Memories Lie (Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Novels #12) (Paperback): $13.99
- #13: Necessary as Blood (Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Novels #13) (Paperback): $14.99
- #15: The Sound of Broken Glass: A Novel (Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Novels #15) (Paperback): $13.99
- #16: To Dwell in Darkness: A Novel (Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Novels #16) (Paperback): $14.99
- #17: Garden of Lamentations: A Novel (Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Novels #17) (Paperback): $14.99
- #18: A Bitter Feast: A Novel (Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James Novels #18) (Large Print / Paperback): $25.99
New York Times Notable author Deborah Crombie is regularly named among the greats of British-set crime fiction (P.D. James, Ruth Rendell, Elizabeth George et al) for her riveting police procedurals featuring Duncan Kincaid and Gemma James, Scotland Yard partners as well as devoted life-mates.
A brilliantly conceived and executed, deeply atmospheric mystery, No Mark Upon Her embroils Kincaid and James in the case of the puzzling drowning of a rower, a Met detective, on the Thames. A finely-hued and twisting tale of psychological suspense—a story rich in deadly secrets, salacious lies, and unexpected betrayals—No Mark Upon Her is everything Crombie’s fans have come to expect from this exceptional writer…and more.
About the Author
Deborah Crombie is a New York Times bestselling author and a native Texan who has lived in both England and Scotland. She now lives in McKinney, Texas, sharing a house that is more than one hundred years old with her husband, three cats, and two German shepherds.
“Macavity Award-winner Crombie examines the corrupting nature of power in her riveting 14th novel featuring Scotland Yard Supt. Duncan Kincaid and Det. Insp. Gemma James.... Crombie gives an insightful look into British police procedures as well as a vivid view of the vagaries of London neighborhoods.”
— Publishers Weekly (starred review)
...[R]eaders who savor excellent writing will find that Ms. Crombie delivers it again.
— New York Journal of Books
“Crombie is very talented at putting together a richly atmospheric whodunit.... [A]s a creator, she energetically inhabits the many strange worlds she shows her readers....”
— Washington Post
“Ms. Crombie again has turned out a gripping and nicely tailored mystery and added another chapter to her chronicle of Kincaid and Jones.”
— Washington Times
“No Mark Upon Her is again deserving of fans’ devotion due largely to her intelligent, subtle wit and above all, her meticulous attention to detail, from sculling equipment and competitive jealousy to a 3-year-old’s birthday party meltdown to the deep bond between a man and his dog.”
— Miami Herald
“Her writing is sophisticated and her suspense taut.”
— Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
[A] psychological thrill-ride that explores the allure of power, the pull of jealousy, and the seduction of greed.
— The Tuscon Citizen
This is a lovely, satisfying British police procedural with many relationship subplots that lend texture.
— Suspense magazine