From one of the world’s most beloved storytellers––#1 New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman––comes his first adult novel in eight years.
Wondrous and imaginative, and at times deeply scary, THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE captures the very essence of childhood fear and uncertainty.
In a clash of memory and reality, it is a pitched fever dream of a novel, and could very well be Gaiman’s most accomplished work to date.
“Poignant and heartbreaking, eloquent and frightening, impeccably rendered, it’s a fable that reminds us how our lives are shaped by childhood experiences,
what we gain from them and the price we pay.”
––Kirkus Reviews (starred review)
“Gaiman mines mythological typology––the three-fold goddess, the water of life (the pond, actually an ocean)––and his own childhood milieu to build the cosmology and theater of a story he tells more gracefully than anything he’s told since Stardust(1999).”
––Booklist (starred review)
- THIS IS A TICKETED, ASSIGNED SEATING EVENT WITH ONE (1) BOOK INCLUDED WITH EACH TICKET PURCHASE.
- Tickets will go on sale at 10 am on Friday, April 5th in-person at Nicola's Books and online at at Ticketmaster at http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/08004A83905832D1?rtistid=897448&majorcatid=10005&minorcatid=104 and at all Ticketmaster outlets. Tickets are $45 (Main Floor) $30 (Balcony) $60 limited Gold Circle tickets which include prime main floor seating and "front of line" book signing access. All tickets include a hardcover copy of The Ocean at the End of the Lane - GOLD SEATING SOLD OUT
- Neil Gaiman will sign as many copies of The Ocean at the End of the Lane, but only up to one (1) other Neil Gaiman titles
- Neil will personalize (name only) but he cannot accomodate specific salutations and/or dedications
- Nicola's Books cannot guarantee that any pre-ordered books for people not attending the event will get signed by Neil Gaiman
- Still photos are okay, BUT NOT FLASH PHOTOGRAHPY, No posed photos, No flash video
A brilliantly imaginative and poignant fairy tale from the modern master of wonder and terror, The Ocean at the End of the Lane is Neil Gaiman’s first new novel for adults since his #1 New York Times bestseller Anansi Boys.
This bewitching and harrowing tale of mystery and survival, and memory and magic, makes the impossible all too real...